one of my favorite things is how people talk to themselves in tumblr tags, taking this space designed for metadata classification and using it as a form of parenthetical speech. those grey little tags feel so cozy, a whispered dimension to the flat communication of the net
my cousin had a baby yesterday and i’m so excited for her! to be honest, i had actually forgotten she was pregnant at all, but now i keep checking back on facebook to see more photos that they’ve posted. it’s really cute because her husband keeps posting more, he’s already obsessed with her and i love it. and my other cousin is so excited to be an aunt! ahhh i wanna meet this baby!!!!!
Let’s be honest everyone would rather watch a Black Widow movie than antman
|Anonymous: I'm a little confused (I haven't slept in over 24hrs - I might just be too tired) the grand jury has until January to decide if they will CHARGE Darren Wilson, not CONVICT? Or they have until January to convict? Please tell me it's convict. Because regardless of your 'views' on his guilt, he needs to be charged and then a jury should decide on his guilt if he doesn't take a plea deal. Charging is a no brainer, he killed someone and it needs a criminal investigation.|
The grand jury now has until January 7, 2015 to decide whether or not to charge Darren Wilson with the murder of Mike Brown. They can make a decision soon than that though.
Here’s some more info on the grand jury:
- Grand jury will begin hearing evidence on Aug. 20 in murder of Mike Brown. Darren wilson will have opportunity to testify (x)
- Grand jury might not hear all evidence until mid-October
- Possible outcomes from Grand Jury and DOJ investigation
- The grand jury in the killing of Mike Brown is only meeting once a week and are being treated as co-investigators. Also, legal experts say it’s unlikely that Darren Wilson will be charged with 1st degree murder. 2nd degree murder is possible but also unlikely if he argues that he feared for his life.
- A look at Prosecutor Bob McCulloch. McCulloch has presented 4 cases of a fatal police shooting to a grand jury. 0 indictments. McCulloch’s office also doesn’t keep detailed records. He also defended calling 2 black men shot by cops in 2000 “bums”.
- A Grand Jury Primer (storify)
- Bob McCulloch is VP of an organization that supports Darren Wilson? (x) McCulloch also won’t recommend charges against Darren Wilson to the grand jury. This is why a special prosecutor is needed.
- STL grand jury weighs charges in Ferguson shooting
- Grand jury now has until JANUARY to decide whether to charge Darren Wilson (x) (x) (x) (x)
|Anonymous: Okay! so for the past 5 cons ive gone to, this guy has been following me and my friends around in the creepy stalker way! I tried to tell staff about it, but they brushed me off saying that Im exaggerating! It got so bad that he even tried to lie to the hotel staff about "Being [my] roommate and that [he] has lost his card key"! I've tried calling the cops and reporting him for harassment, both sexual and not, but they brushed me off! do you have any advice about this?|
Holy fuck. Ok I have my own stalkers but never ones this bad. You have every right to feel uncomfortable as hell and I am sorry to hear about your staff issues, but staff have a huge limitation on how much can be done either way.
Alright so here is a quick list for you to hopefully protect yourself better:
- When you check into the hotel, tell hotel staff to put on a note on the room that says only YOU with YOUR ID is able to get copies of the room key. Yes, it might be an issue with anyone you room with, but if this guy has a habit of doing so then it’s better to play it safe. If hotel staff asks why, inform them that you have a stalker and he has tried to play this before and you’d rather just enjoy your stay without having to worry about that.
- Keep your friends with you. Don’t be alone. I hate having to resort to pack mentality but you’re always much safer in pairs than alone at a con in those cases.
- Don’t rely on con staff to help with this issue. Sadly con security has their own limits and their key job is to keep chaos to a minimum and keep organization. If the guy is stalking you around within viewing distance and you are disturbed, you can approach a Security Member (be sure to see if their badge says Security) and inform them that the guy within seeing distance has been following you for a while and he is disturbing the hell out of you both. Security will most likely attempt to talk to him and if he runs it’ll put a bad connection to his face and his badge. If enough strikes happen, they could revoke his badge- but they cannot kick him out unless they make an actual scene. Again- this cannot be premeditated it has to be live where they can see him.
- Also, unless this guy actually touches you or attempts to take you somewhere, the police cannot actually do anything. ‘Stalking laws’ are very finicky in certain states, if they exist at all. But the MOMENT he touches you against your will, that is assault. And when that happens? Scream. Get attention about you. More likely than not, he wont hang around.
Hopefully when you’ve pointed out enough you do not want to be bothered with, he’ll move on. Sadly, it’ll probably be to another target, but there is only so much legally a person can do against a stalker :(
Wish you the best of luck honey. I hope this person doesn’t ruin your con experience.
Ok. I want to add some things to this. As a con executive director, I can tell you that not all states and cons have this kind of stance on your situation. We can kick people out our convention and we have. In South Dakota our laws let us refuse service to anyone as long as it’s not discriminatory ie race, gender. In Colorado they have a strict stance on harassment and will ban someone the minute they are doing it. So please go to staff ASAP he is bothering you. I know it is disheartening if con after con can’t/don’t do anything but if you keep it up there is a long trail of proof of his harassment which you can then use in a restraining order and the one con that does can/do something, you will be able to do it because you still told them. Please trust your con sercurity, their job is not to just keep the chaos a minimal it’s to keep all attendees and public safe.
^^ This is different in every state as well as every con. But this is super important.
Thank you so much for reblogging this and adding your commentary.