Posts tagged animation
Posts tagged animation
In this video Joe Bowers, an animator at Disney, breaks down some of his animation from Tangled and Bolt. He talks a lot about exaggeration, anticipation, and acting so the scene and characters will communicate.
I can’t express how helpful this video is for 2D and 3D animators. It’s a good reminder that you have to caricature real life movements in order for them to communicate in the best way, so people get it automatically. It’s also important to remember that all movement is based on real life movement.
I plan on watching this video several times, for reference, education, and inspiration. Great stuff!
(I should also note that Glen Keane was a supervising animator, and directing animator for Rapunzel on Tangled, and at the beginning of this clip Joe Bowers refers to him as ‘Glen.’)
- Couch & Potatoes, Chris Lam and Eunsoo Jeong, San Jose State University
- Dia de los Muertos, Lindsey St. Pierre and Ashley Graham, Ringling College of Art and Design
- Drifters, Ethan Clarke, California Institute of the Arts
- Make a Wish, Heejin Kim, School of Visual Arts
- Peck Pocketed, Kevin Herron, Ringling College of Art and Design
- Runaway, Emily Buchanan and Esther Parobek, Ringling College of Art and Design
- Still I Breathe, Sang Ho Lee, School of Visual Arts
- Watercolors, Robert Kornstein, New York University
- Will, Eusong Lee, California Institute of the Arts
Silly experiment thing~ :P
Hades appreciation post.
i’m laughing really hard because of the smear in the second to last gif
i have seen lots of amazing 3D animation and lots of terrible hand-drawn animation, and vice versa
so can we stop acting like somehow 3D is the death of animation as an art form
because it’s not
I’ve put off getting this online for TOO LONG.
This is my senior thesis at Ringling College of Art and Design: “Beware of Monster”! It took a year and a half to make from concept to finished film. I hope you guys like it. :D
Eeeee! It’s back! Look at this freaking awesome short my friend made! 8DDD
oh look my roommate/bff made this.
LOOK AT HOW COOL MY ROOM MATE IS GO FOLLOW HER
seriously though how does hair work underwater
FARA WHAT THE FRIGGIN
THIS IS SO GOOD
omg fara this looks awesome! certainly better than any of the dabbling i’ve done in animation (spoiler alert: i am truly terrible at it). if you have any plans to take this further, the only thing i might add would be more of hair flip up behind her right when she suddenly stops and moves backwards slightly. i’m not an animator, though, so you don’t gotta listen to me. XD
seriously, good work! makes me wanna try a little bit more animation myself. X)
I wish to initiate a group hug!
u sassy little fuck batman
Lilo and Stitch - Deleted Scene. [ Bed Time Story ]